- Fecha de publicación
- Lugar de trabajo
- Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Permite trabajar remoto
- Seniority requerido
- Email de contacto
Sr DevOps Engineer
In this hands-on role, you will be responsible for building out, upgrading, and maintaining our Linux-based production, staging, and development environments using best practices that allow for massive growth. You will work closely with our engineering department to ensure deployment of scalable, low-latency, highly available services. Using config management, you will ensure the operability of hundreds of servers running a variety of technologies, such as Hadoop, HBase, MySQL, and Cassandra. As an agile and mature startup, you will have the chance to shape the organization and work with a wide variety of cutting edge technologies. Our team consists of engineers focused on configuring server clusters and wrestling with petabytes of data. If you are not afraid to have your server configuration code-reviewed via a git pull request - we would love to hear from you.
What You'll Do
- Design and implement scalable systems that will meet our processing, storage, and communication needs and scale smoothly as those needs grow.
- Implement configuration management solutions for all components used in development and production.
- Define and implement processes for operation of our production system (e.g. logging methodology, disaster recovery, security).
- Assist with the day-to-day management of our development, staging, and production server infrastructure.
- Participate in weekly on-call rotation, with a 6 person team
- BS or MS in Computer Science or 3+ years of Linux system-oriented experience
- Strong programming skills, preferably in Python.
- Deep understanding of hardware, software, and network performance optimization and core protocols such as HTTP, DNS, and SSL.
- Obsessed with automation, with a constant desire to improve visibility and maintainability.
The ideal candidate will have understanding of many of the following items
- Experience with SaltStack or other configuration management tools such as Chef/Puppet/Ansible.
- Demonstrated experience managing large networks (100+ servers)
- Experience supporting request rates in excess of 20K/s.
- Exposure to Hadoop ecosystem (HDFS/MapReduce, HBase, ZooKeeper, Storm/Kafka) or other modern systems such as Riak and Cassandra.
- Experience customizing Icinga/Nagios and similar monitoring tools, collecting metrics in OpenTSDB, graphite, munin, cacti, or logstash.
- Automation and management of virtualization solutions such as Amazon EC2 or OpenStack via API.
- Familiarity with Python and Java ecosystem.
- Python, Perl, Ruby, or other high-level scripting language
- SaltStack, Chef, Puppet, or Ansible
- Hadoop, HBase, Hive, Storm, and Kafka
- Python WSGI frameworks (gunicorn, tornado, twisted, etc)
- Flask, Django, or other Python-based frameworks
- nginx, apache or lighttpd
- Memcached, redis, or other key-value stores
- Docker, Vagrant, and Packer
- MySQL administration
- SQL Schema design, query optimization
- Component performance analysis and profiling using tools such as New Relic and Valgrind/CacheGrind
- Hybrid hosting infrastructure, leveraging several hundred of physical servers as well as IaaS cloud infrastructures (EC2, Rackspace, Heroku, Google App Engine)
What You'll Get
- An opportunity to make immediate impact in a growing company
- Open vacation time
- Annual $2,500 flexible benefit program to be used towards vacation, fitness, mobile, and education
- Snacks on snacks on snacks
- Catered lunches 3x per week