- Fecha de publicación
- Lugar de trabajo
- Berlin. Alemania
- Permite trabajar remoto
- Seniority requerido
- Email de contacto
Senior Backend Engineer - Python
sennder, with its HQ located in the heart of Berlin, is changing the way people think about logistics. We’re Europe’s no.1 road freight forwarder with the goal of disrupting and revolutionising this traditional industry. The challenges are huge as many logistics processes and procedures are very manual and inefficient, we’re solving this problem by digitalising and automating to allow for much smoother and more efficient goods transportation. You can learn more about us here.
Technology is the backbone of our company, we’ve grown 360% during 2020 and with our recent Series D raise we will see greater scaling during the coming months. With the recent formation of many new teams, we are now looking for proven Senior Python Backend Engineers who want to take part in paving the way logistics is done in future.
We value strong engineering skills, deep understanding of business, full ownership, high velocity, collaboration, and initiative.
You will work on
- We are scaling up our engineering organization, we have a lot of ideas and we are looking for people to evolve our backend, DevOps, and engineering practices to support the growth and work in many autonomous teams. We welcome new ideas!
- You will prototype and build new features, update existing ones, and fix bugs.
- You will participate in migrating our Django monolith to modular architecture and microservices,
- We need your participation in growing a solid microservice architecture, we are in the process of introducing service mesh, stable interfaces, and contracts for API, metrics, etc.,
- We will do our best to help you grow professionally, provide you with mentorship and feedback.
We hope to see in you
- You have a good practical experience (5+ years) building backends with the Python web ecosystem. We use Django REST Framework, FastAPI, SQLAlchemy.
- You can talk to SQL databases. We use Postgres in our monolith and microservices.
- You learned how to build modern APIs. For example, you worked with REST, GraphQL. and documented them with OpenAPI (Swagger).
- You keep growing your knowledge of different architectures, patterns, and programming paradigms,
- Practical skills with Docker, Kubernetes, and modern CI/CD,
- Good communication skills in English.
We expect you to
- Be mindful about your craft, “keep your saw sharp”, learn ways to improve your work, processes, and remove mundane routine by scripting and automation,
- Be passionate about doing great work, and pragmatic about getting things done
- Be driven by data, build small prototypes to test assumptions, and do not buy into the latest hype and shiny labels. Linus Torvalds once said: ”Talking is cheap. Show me the code.”
- Be a decent human being. Be willing to help other people, share your expertise, and mentor.
- Relocation support,
- As a startup, we have flexibility, lack of bureaucracy, you can have great impact and lay foundations of our technological platform,
- As a company with an established business model, we are stable, have real users, provide different options for professional and career development
- Usual employee’s perks: in-house gym, fruits and drinks, team and company events
- We treat people equally regardless of their background, sexual preferences, skin colour, and food tastes
- Flexible working hours and home office.
At sennder we value commitment, team spirit, and your personal and professional development. Our mission is to offer our teams a diverse work environment by fostering a very friendly and supportive atmosphere and an energetic company culture. We enjoy building and nourishing long-lasting friendships across teams and often come together to plan fun events and activities.python django postgresql kubernetes docker microservices