- Fecha de publicación
- Lugar de trabajo
- Ana Tabanera Recruiting
- Permite trabajar remoto
- Seniority requerido
- Email de contacto
Senior Backend Engineer (Python o NodeJs)
Our client was recently named one of the 2020 Best Companies to Work For in New York. Their values celebrate collaboration, different perspectives and curiosity with the goal of getting to the right answer, no matter who came up with it. They are committed to creating a welcoming and supportive environment for all people. They encourage people with different backgrounds and experiences to join their growing team so that they gain different perspectives and build the best team possible. They demand the best of themselves and each other, and never miss an opportunity to celebrate their success.
Even while they are remote, staying connected and supporting each other is key to their culture. They build their community through small group events like trivia night, cooking classes and book club. They encourage cross-functional relationships through virtual coffees. And they stay close to the business through weekly team updates and quarterly all hands meetings.
They know there are a lot of great companies out there. They focus on flexibility and empowering their team to make the right decisions for themselves. They have flexible PTO (you take vacation when you need it, not when you have earned the hours), a new work-from-anywhere policy , and an annual personal development budget that you use for what matters to you (wellness, career development, productivity at home, etc). And of course that is on top of the basics like competitive compensation (including stock options) and incredible, affordable benefits.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Backend Engineer to join their team of talented engineers that share a common interest in distributed backend systems, scalability, availability, and continued deployment. You will help them build and improve the integration between the client and e-commerce systems which power the retail experience for some of the largest brands in the world. You will use the latest tools and technologies to solve challenging and interesting problems to redefine the way people shop and how online retailers develop relationships with their customers. Above all, your work will positively impact the lives of millions of users.
What you will do:
- Build features that make life easier for us, our partners and our clients, helping to create a frictionless experience for our customers and scaling our platform as Ordergroove continues to grow.
- Write code that will be incredibly high impact and key to our long term strategy of scaling new merchants and reducing time to launch
- Architect and develop our handshake with e-commerce platforms such as Shopify, Big Commerce, Salesforce Commerce Cloud, Magento and more.
Who you are:
- +5 years experience developing backend in Python or NodeJS
- Skilled communicator and are comfortable articulating complex ideas and talking abstract concepts
- Deep understanding of system design, data structures, and algorithms.
- Care about code quality, know what it means to ship high quality code, and are eager to continuously improve by leaving the grass greener on any integration that you touch.
- Passionate mentor and advocate for your technological vision, but you are also respectful and open to learn from other people's viewpoints.
Bonus points for:
- Experience building apps or plugins to power system integrations with any of the following: Shopify, Big Commerce, SFCC and Magento.
- Experience in designing and building system integrations which are able to scale and meet the demands of high traffic sites.
Place of Work: Remote.
Contract Type: Contractor paid in USD
- Remote work
- USD payment
- Vacations when needed!