Python Technical Lead
We have an opportunity to impact your career and provide an adventure where you can push the limits of what's possible.
As an experienced member (VP) of our CDS Technology team, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment—one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
- Executes creative software solutions, design, development, and technical troubleshooting with ability to think beyond routine or conventional approaches to build solutions or break down technical problems
- Develops secure and high-quality production code, and reviews and debugs code written by others
- Identifies opportunities to eliminate or automate remediation of recurring issues to improve overall operational stability of software applications and systems
- Leads evaluation sessions with external vendors, startups, and internal teams to drive outcomes-oriented probing of architectural designs, technical credentials, and applicability for use within existing systems and information architecture
- Leads communities of practice across Software Engineering to drive awareness and use of new and leading-edge technologies
- Adds to team culture of diversity, equity, inclusion, and respect
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Formal training or certification on software engineering concepts and 10+ years applied experience
- 3+ years’ experience managing engineers
- Hands-on practical experience delivering system design, application development, testing, and operational stability
- Hands-on engineering experience on Python and AWS
- Proficiency in automation and continuous delivery methods
- Background in reporting solutions with intensive usage of SQL and ETL processes.
- Fluent in English
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Expertise in application, data, and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Great at coaching and mentoring individuals
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience with Axiom reporting platform is a plus.