Python - Senior Software Engineer
ABOUT SPARK DIGITAL
At Spark Digital, we believe that creating digital experiences is an inherently human and collaborative process. That’s why we focus and invest relentlessly in two things: the individuals that make up our team, and the quality of service we provide to our clients. We cultivate an environment where new ideas and excellence have room to thrive - even with a remote workforce. Our culture of learning rewards curiosity and gives our team members opportunities to learn, grow, and own the evolution of their careers.
Our clients come to us to help solve their biggest and most complex business and technology challenges. We enjoy the thrill and satisfaction of working on core products that propel business growth and touch the lives of millions of users every day. Our primary expertise is in the Media & Entertainment and EdTech industries but we work with clients in many other industries. We’re proud that our partners include prestigious brands such as Dow Jones, FOX, Warner Bros., Verizon, Kaplan, Macmillan, among other leading brands.
As a Sr Python Engineer, your mission is to connect the dots between business needs and technology. You are a builder at heart who takes joy in the alchemy of art, science, and hard work that make up digital experiences. Knowing that process determines outcomes, you collaborate, ask questions, challenge the status quo, embrace agility, and seek to improve everything you touch. You take pride in elegant and robust solutions that bring peace of mind to those who rely on them.
CLIENT & PROJECT
Our client is a business-to-business real estate start-up that is transforming the $2 trillion dollar residential real estate market. They provide real estate professionals with the first data-driven network with built-in productivity tools for agents. The network provides value to the entire chain including mortgage providers, title & escrow agencies, moving services companies, and more. Their product provides automated and digitized workflow solutions around team building, agent-to-agent referrals, and a market intelligence dashboard to make these professionals more productive.
Our client is in its early stages of developing their product and is looking for new team members to build its product using: React/Redux, Django/DRF, Celery, RabbitMQ, Postgres, AWS, and CircleCI.
- Design and build the API layer that will be the backbone of the client’s platform
- Establish and follow best practices for the engineering team across code hygiene, overall architecture design, testing, and deployment activities
- Drive technical decisions with a focus on the entire technical ecosystem: testing strategy, CI/CD, tech stack, microservices, data model, security, mobile deployment, etc
- Act as a leader within the engineering team, providing support and mentorship for teammates across functions
- +5 years as a software engineer focused on building scalable applications
- Strong experience in data modeling concepts with appropriate design principles
- Expert level proficiency in building APIs with Python/Django for data-driven applications
- Deep experience using cloud technologies and services (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience with containerized applications using Docker, ECS, Kubernetes, or similar
- Automation mindset with comfort operating with DevOps related tasks (monitoring, infrastructure as code, microservices, CI/CD etc.)
- Ability to articulates pros and cons of technical decisions and guide our evolving engineering ecosystem
- Strong written and oral communication skills both in English and Spanish
- Competitive Salary - For Full-Time Argentine team members we offer a hybrid compensation model which pays in a percentage of USD and pesos. Your salary is also indexed to the MEP dollar and will be adjusted for cost of living changes every three months. All other LATAM team members are paid in dollars as contractors.
- Remote Work, Flexibility & Balance - We offer remote opportunities and other benefits designed to support healthy work/life balance and growing families. Argentine team members are welcome but not required at our offices in Buenos Aires, Mar del Plata, and Tandil it will never be required to work in the office. We hope to open offices in other LATAM countries soon.
- Career Path Planning - Team members are encouraged to create an independent career path based on their ambitions. We provide the training and support to help them along the way.
- Training & Mentorship - Learning and professional development are a big part of company culture. We support it with unlimited access to Udemy, internal courses and training, and a robust mentorship program.
- Culture & Connection - You are not a number, you are an individual that is part of something bigger. We never use the words staff or employee. At Spark Digital everyone is a team member. We cultivate connections within teams, across functions, and up and down the org chart. We make sure everyone is noticed and feels connected to our mission and each other.
Apply Here: https://jobs.lever.co/sparkdigital/daf846f9-baa3-450e-98f9-69e058d3377b
python django cloud kubernetes docker english
Datos de la oferta laboral