- Fecha de publicación
- Lugar de trabajo
- Permite trabajar remoto
- Seniority requerido
- Email de contacto
We are looking for a few skilled Python developers, from mid-career to senior, to join the new Buenos Aires office that Shiftgig is opening.
-- About the company --
Shiftgig is an online marketplace that connects workers with jobs. Shiftgig collects client requirements, worker skills, and real-time shift data to provide smarter and timely matches. With over 1,050,000 registered members and 25,000 businesses, Shiftgig has built the largest online community where members connect with business to access jobs and content in the restaurant, nightlife, hotel, and retail verticals. They have more than 300 employees in the US and they are now opening a new office in Argentina to work with the Chicago Team!
Shiftgig is a mid-phase startup that aims to bring order to the chaotic world of service industry staffing. They achieve this primarily through technological solutions, so we are a fun place for a developer to work. We are moving to an API + frontend_platform architecture and need some additional bright people to round out the browser platform team.
Our development team spans backend (the api team) to multiple front end platforms, we’re a very collaborative group so we all have input on product decisions, architecture choices, design decisions etc.
-- About you --
To join the company as a Python Developer, you should have significant experience building Python applications. You enjoy creating solid, clean code so you won’t hate yourself the next time you have to visit it.
You have a love of software development and making neat things to help people in their daily lives. The social aspect of our business is very important to our team.
You’ve worked in collaborative multifunctional teams to get the job done.
Know how to balance pragmatic, iterative development with the long term vision of a scalable and usable product.
- 4+ years of Python as your primary programming language
- Knowledge of frameworks such as Falcon, Tornado or Flask (nice to have)
- Creating RESTful APIs
- Debugging and performance tweaking Python
- Taking ownership over parts of an application and collaborating on global issues
- Experience with relational and non-relational data stores
- Understand and enjoy working in a microservices-based architecture
- Linux/UNIX as your server OS
- Significant experience using unit tests to check your work
- Excellent communication skills (English & Spanish)
-- More info --
- Awesome team, full of focused and skilled folks
- 100% Agile
- Make a meaningful product, that helps people
- Join a fast growing start up
Location:Palermo - Buenos Aires
Time shift: Full time
-- How to apply --