- Fecha de publicación
- Lugar de trabajo
- Buenos Aires
- Permite trabajar remoto
- Email de contacto
Ten-time Webby award winning Freelancer.com is the world's leading freelancing and crowdsourcing marketplace. A career with Freelancer.com exposes you to the fast pace of a global online business in its grass roots, designing and developing software and systems that drive our platform of over 23 million users. We also own and operate Escrow.com, a secure payments platform that has secured over $ 3 billion of transactions to date.
We opened our Buenos Aires office last year and are looking for Polyglot Software Engineers, from junior to senior, to join the team. If you excel at architecting web applications at scale, enjoy the challenges of writing optimized lightning fast SQL for massive data sets, have experience structuring extensible data and application logic, and are passionate about designing high-quality service APIs then we'd love to speak With you We are a small team of Engineers pushing code between 30-40 times daily, you'll learn from the best and have a huge impact on the company by developing the core products.
We work with cutting edge technology in a high-performance cloud environment. You will be able to build features and systems that scale, you can ship code on your first day and get instant feedback from over 23 million users worldwide. We are purely engineered and run by Engineers and Data Scientists who work within a complete meritocracy, there is no better place to base your career and build yourself into a real polyglot expert.
- Experience with at least 2 popular web development languages (Python, Golang, PHP, Ruby, Node.JS).
- Relational databases and SQL, preferably MySQL.
- Some experience with Linux is preferable.
- Tertiary Degree in Computer Science / Engineering (or Related). MS or PhD to plus.
- Strong background in web development at scale.
- Experience with any of: Nginx, Redis, Memcache, Varnish, MySQL tuning performance, ElasticSearch, HBase, Hadoop, etc.
- Also StatsD, Grafana, Prometheus and HHVM.
We'd love it if you have:
- A Github page with contributions to open source software.
- A portfolio which you can submit containing code which you have written. It can be anything at all but it should show off just how amazing your code is.